Your Role in the Green Environment Trainee Guide, Updated to LEED Version 3, Paperback
- By . NCCER
- Pub. Date: Jul 17, 2009 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-602303-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-602303-6
Student/Retail Price: $40.00
Institutional/Business Price: $30.00
International: Contact your regional Edexcel office.
Click here to download competencies, equipment lists and performance tasks (CEP).
In addition to being approved for 15 general continuing education hours under GBCI’s Credential Maintenance Program and printed on 100% recycled paper with soy ink, Your Role in the Green Environment includes:
- Describes the major challenges to the green environment that are caused directly or indirectly by the built environment.
- Includes coverage of the life cycle phases of a building and the impact on the green environment over its life cycle.
- Provides green alternatives to conventional building practices and describe the pros and cons of those alternatives.
- Describes the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating process.
- Identifies construction activities that contribute to a project’s LEED rating and common construction pitfalls that may affect a project’s LEED rating.
EXCEPTIONAL IN-TEXT TOOLS!
- Notes, Cautions, and Warnings – Safety features are set off from the main text in highlighted boxes and are organized into three categories based on the potential danger of the issue being addressed. Notes simply provide additional information on the topic area. Cautions alert readers of a danger that does not present potential injury but may cause damage to equipment. Warnings stress a potentially dangerous situation that may cause injury.
- What’s wrong with this picture? – Includes photos of actual code violations for identification and encourages readers to approach each installation with a critical eye.
- Think About It – Uses “What if?” questions to help readers apply theory to real-world experiences and put ideas into action.
- Going Green – Looks at ways to preserve the environment, save energy, and make good choices regarding the health of the planet. Through the introduction of new construction practices and products, readers will see how the “greening of America” has already taken root.
- Trade Terms – Each module presents Trade Terms that are discussed within the text and defined in the Glossary at the end of the module. These terms are denoted in the text with blue bold type upon their first occurrence.
- Review Questions – Review Questions are provided to check and reinforce the knowledge readers have gained.
- Recognized as a U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Education Provider.
Developed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research
Lead contributor: Dr. Annie Pearce, Myers-Lawson School of Construction, Virginia Tech
Now featuring a comprehensive vocabulary list, this updated new module brings together the expertise of industry and higher education in defining a topic of growing international importance: green building. Geared to entry-level craft workers or to anyone wishing to learn more about green building, this module provides fundamental instruction in the green environment, green construction practices, and green building rating systems.
Presented in easy-to-understand terms and illustrations, Your Role in the Green Environment will better equip learners to make decisions regarding their personal impacts on the environment and will make them more aware of how to lessen their impacts in the built environment.
“This training program marks a major milestone on the road to more responsible construction practices and indicates that the tipping point in green building has probably been reached.”
Dr. Charles Kibert
Director, Powell Center for Construction and Environment
University of Florida
“NCCER has developed a solid course that supports the training and certification efforts of Green Advantage for residential and commercial environmental certification.”
Grady O’ Rear, Executive Director, Green Advantage
“As a US Green Building Council Education Provider, NCCER is committed to enhancing the ongoing professional development of building industry professionals.”
United States Green Building Council
An electronic code for Contren Connect may be ordered directly through OASIS at http://oasis.pearson.com.
- Trainee Guide Access Code ONLY 0-13-610663-3
- AIG Access Code ONLY 0-13-610664-1
Instructors: Product supplements may be ordered directly through OASIS at http://oasis.pearson.com. For more information contact your Pearson NCCER/Contren Sales Specialist at http://nccer.pearsonconstructionbooks.com/store/sales.aspx.
- Annotated Instructor's Guide (AIG) Paperback 0-13-602304-5
- AIG Paperback + Contren Connect Access Code PACKAGE 0-13-801678-X
- AIG Contren Connect Access Code ONLY 0-13-212686-9
- PowerPoint® Presentation Slides 0-13-602360-6
Trainee Guide Paperback + Access Card Package: $47 978-0-13-287532-5
IG Paperback + Access Card Package: $67 978-0-13-286596-8
Access Card ONLY for Trainee Guide: $27 (does not include print book) 978-0-13-285971-4
Access Card ONLY for IG: $50 (does not include print book) 978-0-13-286025-3
ELECTRONIC Access Code ONLY for Trainee Guide: $27 (must be ordered electronically via OASIS; does not include print book) 978-0-13-292125-1
ELECTRONIC Access Code ONLY for IG: $50 (must be ordered electronically via OASIS; does not include print book) 978-0-13-292126-8
Table of Contents
Chapter 2 Working Toward a Green Environment: Best Practices for Construction
Chapter 3 Making Smart Green Decisions: Tools & Strategies